The Construction industry is not just changing – it has changed.
The STAINTON GROUP was founded by a notable construction executive, who spent almost a quarter of a century with Canada’s largest and most admired General Contractor, where he learned that the business of construction is more than just about time and materials. It is about the people, practices, and ‘beliefs’, and not simply accepting the standards, nor the stereotypes of one of the world’s most established industries.
At SG Constructors our business model is built upon updated – and frankly overdue – professional management ‘traditions’ that recognize that the front line equals the bottom line – for all stakeholders and in both the short and long-term. This is not just about the people that we hire and selectively partner with, but in the way that they each understand how their important contributions matter each day. This is our culture, our approach, and our methodology.
At SG Constructors, we are growing very quickly, and looking to hire proven, high rise residential and commercial construction PROJECT MANAGER that have notable tier 1 General Contractor experience, and are genuinely passionate about the business of construction itself.
If you are still reading, then you we hope that we have your initial interest in joining our progressive team that is working to change the business of construction. And if you are an experienced project manager then you likely already know the job cold – and don’t need a job description – but here are some of the things that we need you to truly ‘own’ in this important and highly visible job at SG:
- A strong focus on customer service and experience.
- Ensuring the adoption of our firmly-held belief in the importance of safety.
- Interfacing with the project team, client representative, consultants, and trade contractors for the assigned area, scope, or project.
- Identifying and mitigating risk, and safely maximizing efficiency opportunities on construction projects.
- Development and presentation of performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule.
- Actively negotiating and issuing subcontracts and major purchase orders within your authority, and monitoring and reporting on their progress and schedule.
- Preparing/verifying payments to contractors according to progress and contract across multiple concurrent supplier and varying contracts.
- Leading intermittent, and sometimes unexpected, site inspections by any and all stakeholders when safety and process permits.
- Overseeing and commissioning plan and overall project closeout, including documentation and archiving, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Always think and act like an owner to help us pioneer a truly client-centric approach to a new category of curated construction.
- Actively working with design teams to facilitate the project design, ensuring the project budget and schedule are being met.
- A firmly-held belief in the importance of safety and are willing to embrace it as the first-and-foremost of the ‘four-keys of construction that we practice every day at SG.
- A post-secondary degree and over 5+ years of relevant construction management experience working on high rise, residential, or commercial projects.
- You have a fluent knowledge of construction, including project scopes, contingent activities, understanding of sub-trades and multiple-trade management, scheduling and familiarity (or ability to learn) with project management and contract softwares.
- Are interested in career progression and have the ability to not just lead, but truly mentor a team of individuals who also wants to grow in their knowledge, abilities and careers.
- Have moderate computer knowledge, and experience working with construction/project management related softwares.
Still reading? Great, we would love to hear from you. Let’s start a conversation.
We believe that diversity is a source of strength and how we can continue to succeed, differentially. The Stainton Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and seeks to be recognized as one of Canada’s ‘Best Managed Companies’, ‘Top Employers’ and ‘Best Places to Work’.