The Construction industry is not just changing – it has changed.
At SG Constructors our business model is built upon updated – and frankly overdue – professional management ‘traditions’ that recognize that the front line equals the bottom line – for all stakeholders and in both the short and long-term. This is not just about the people that we hire and selectively partner with, but in the way that they each understand how their important contributions matter each day. This is our culture, our approach, and our methodology.
If you are still reading, then you we hope that we have your initial interest in joining our progressive team that is working to change the business of construction. Please read on.
At SG Constructors, we are growing very quickly, and looking to hire proven, high rise residential and commercial construction SITE SUPERINTENDENTS that have notable tier 1 General Contractor experience, and are genuinely passionate about the business of construction itself.
The STAINTON GROUP was founded by a notable construction executive, who spent almost a quarter of a century with Canada’s largest and most admired General Contractor, where he learned that the business of construction is more than just about time and materials. It is about the people, practices, and ‘beliefs’, and not simply accepting the standards, nor the stereotypes of one of the world’s most established industries.
- A strong focus on customer service and experience.
- Always think and act like an owner and enforce the belief across internal and external teams to help us pioneer a truly client-centric approach to a new category of curated construction.
- Develop and implement the ‘Project Execution Plan’ including its creation, maintenance and execution to ensure compliance with specifications, schedule, budget and quality.
- Consistently collaborate with construction/project manager and project team, including trades, to ensure that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements are not just met but exceeded.
- Review and understand the contract and subcontracts, and develop a plan that identifies and mitigates risks, and maximizes opportunities to ensure all financial targets, including budgets, forecasts, and profitability levels are met. (while keeping safety paramount)
- Tightly managing but also mentoring, training, and progressing a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Proactively manage and escalate-early potential problems, work conflicts, or delays that will impact the project schedule and or cost.
- Always think and act like an owner to help us pioneer a truly client-centric approach to a new category of curated construction.
- A firmly-held belief in the importance of safety and willingness to embrace it as the first-and-foremost of the ‘four-keys of construction that we practice every day at SG.
- A post-secondary degree or related trade field experience.
- Over 5+ years of relevant construction management experience working on high rise residential or commercial projects
- Fluent knowledge of construction including project scopes, contingent activities, understanding of sub-trades and multiple-trade management, scheduling and familiarity (or ability to learn) with project management and contract software
- Interested in a career progression and have the ability to lead and mentor a team of individuals who also want to grow in their knowledge, abilities and careers.
- Has moderate computer knowledge and experience working with construction scheduling related softwares.
Still reading? Great, we would love to hear from you. Let’s start a conversation.
We believe that diversity is a source of strength and how we can continue to succeed, differentially. The Stainton Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and seeks to be recognized as one of Canada’s ‘Best Managed Companies’, ‘Top Employers’ and ‘Best Places to Work’.